From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Creating multiple views off existent HBase table.
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2015 20:44:08 GMT
This worked fine for me.
In HBase shell:
create 't1', {NAME => 'f1'}

In Phoenix sqlline:
create view v1(a VARCHAR PRIMARY KEY, "f1".b INTEGER) as select * from "t1";
create view v2(a VARCHAR PRIMARY KEY, "f1".c INTEGER) as select * from "t1";

If your table name and column family name are not upper case, make
sure you surround them by double quotes when referencing in your
statement. You can also declare a default column family like this
instead:

create view v3(a VARCHAR PRIMARY KEY, d INTEGER) as select * from "t1"
default_column_family='f1';

Thanks,
James