From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Defining new function outside Phoenix jar
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2015 01:46:51 GMT
There's a JIRA for supporting user defined functions with a few
comments here: PHOENIX-538

There's also a middle ground that's possible that wouldn't be full
blown UDFs, but would allow you to define new built-in functions in
your own jar which would need to be available on the client and server
side. You'd need to modify/generalize the way we register and lookup
built-in functions through the ExpressionType enum, but other than
that, it'd probably be pretty straightforward.

Thanks,
James