From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HBase Cluster Down: No jar path specified for org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.LocalIndexSplitter
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2015 23:48:12 GMT
Hi Anil,
You should be able to put the Phoenix4.1 server jar on the RS and
Master nodes in the HBase lib dir and then bounce your cluster so that
HBase will find the LocalIndexSplitter class (if you're upgrading,
though, I'd recommend just switching to the latest - 4.3 instead).

Phoenix requires that you upgrade the server jar first to a newer
version followed eventually by the client jars (FWIW, a mix of client
jar versions is only supported as of 4.3+). You should never install a
newer minor version of Phoenix client against an older Phoenix server
jar - more here: http://phoenix.apache.org/upgrading.html

I filed PHOENIX-1703 so that this will be prevented from happening.

Thanks,
James