From Brian Johnson <br...@brianjohnson.cc>
Subject Re: hbase snapshots
Date Sat, 14 Mar 2015 21:36:27 GMT
But is there a way to avoid the create table step? It makes the restore process much more complicated

On Mar 14, 2015, at 2:34 PM, James Taylor <jamestaylor@apache.org> wrote:

> You should be able to restore from a snapshot in the hbase shell and
> then do a CREATE TABLE from sqlline to the restored snapshot and
> Phoenix will map to it. If the table is large, the CREATE step may
> take a while because Phoenix needs to ensure that every row has an
> empty key value marker. Looks like there's some work beginning on
> PHOENIX-1550 that would prevent that slowness.
>
> Thanks,
> James
>
> On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 9:11 AM, Brian Johnson <brian@brianjohnson.cc> wrote:
>> Can phoenix tables be restored from an hbase snapshot? I assume you also need to
snapshot the system catalog, but won't restoring that affect all tables? Is there a way to
snapshot/restore individual phoenix tables? Is there anything else that needs to be captured
for a snapshot? Thanks.