From Brian Johnson <br...@brianjohnson.cc>
Subject Re: hbase truncate
Date Sun, 15 Mar 2015 02:48:49 GMT
I see what's different. Create an hbase table, then create a phoenix table. Drop and recreate
the hbase table and then insert records using hbase, not phoenix.

On Mar 14, 2015, at 2:31 PM, James Taylor <jamestaylor@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Brian,
> What version of HBase and Phoenix are you using? I tried the following
> on 4.3.0 with 0.98.9-hadoop2 and it worked fine for me:
> - From sqlline:
> create table FOO(k bigint primary key, v varchar);
> upsert into foo values(1,'a');
> 1 row affected (0.047 seconds)
> select * from foo;
> +------------------------------------------+------------------------------------------+
> |                    K                     |                    V
> +------------------------------------------+------------------------------------------+
> | 1                                        | a
> +------------------------------------------+------------------------------------------+
>
> - From hbase shell
> truncate 'FOO'
> Truncating 'FOO' table (it may take a while):
> - Disabling table...
> - Truncating table...
> 0 row(s) in 10.8670 seconds
>
> -From sqlline:
> upsert into foo values(1,'a');
> 1 row affected (0.005 seconds)
> 0: jdbc:phoenix:localhost> select * from foo;
> |                    K                     |                    V
> | 1                                        | a
>
> On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 9:20 AM, Brian Johnson <brian@brianjohnson.cc> wrote:
>> If we truncate an hbase table that has a phoenix table defined for it, we can no
longer query for new data added to that table through hbase. I know that truncate drops and
recreates the table, but why does that affect phoenix and is there some way to truncate that
doesn't require also redefining the phoenix table? Thanks.