From Matthew Johnson <matt.john...@algomi.com>
Subject Using Hints in Phoenix
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2015 11:26:09 GMT
Hi guys,

This is more of a general question than a problem – but I’m just wondering
if someone can clarify for me what the syntax rules are for hints in
Phoenix. Does it matter where in the query they go? Do they always go
something like *SELECT <insert hint> x from y*? Or, if the hint is for a
join (eg Sort Merge) does it go in the join part (*SELECT x from y inner
join <insert hint> z on j = k*)?

Couldn’t seem to find anything specific on this in the docs, and haven’t
worked much with database hints in general so maybe there is a convention
that I am not aware of – apologies if it’s a stupid question!

Cheers,

Matt