From "Brady, John" <john.br...@intel.com>
Subject Phonix on Cloudera cluster on AWS - connecting from local machine?
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2015 22:02:08 GMT
Hi,

I have Phoenix installed on a 5 node Cloudera cluster with 3 zookeeper nodes on AWS. I have
put the phoenix server and client jars in the hbase class path on all nodes and restarted
the cluster. The phoenix command line works on the cluster and running an executable JDBC
jar on the cluster returns data.

When I run the JDBC program on my local machine I get the error below. I've read here that
there is an issue on AWS where internal and external IPs were get confused and zookeeper can't
connect to HBase properly.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28676561/apache-phoenix-jdbc-connection-zookeeper-error<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28676561/apache-phoenix-jdbc-connection-zookeeper-error>

Using alias temporarily fixes the issue but modifying the config files on the server to point
to aliases breaks Cloudera.

Has anybody seen this issue?

Is there any issue with Phoenix connecting to secure clusters?

Thanks

Intel Ireland Limited (Branch)
Collinstown Industrial Park, Leixlip, County Kildare, Ireland
Registered Number: E902934