From "Brady, John" <john.br...@intel.com>
Subject Phoenix 4.3 on Cloudera 5.3.1 - Error Incompatible jars detected between client and server
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2015 11:15:18 GMT
Hi,

Trying to install Phoenix 4.3 on Cloudera 5.3.1.

I've put the phoenix client and server jars in /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.3.1-1.cdh5.3.1.p0.5/lib/hbase

When I try launch ./sqlline.py localhost

I get the error below - but the jar and client jar are both phoenix-4.3.0.

I've read here (http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/phoenix-user/201502.mbox/browser)
that phoenix 4.3 is built with Hbase 0.98.9 and the version in CDH 5.3.1 is 0.98.6.

Is this an issue or am I doing something else wrong?

Thanks

Error: ERROR 2006 (INT08): Incompatible jars detected between client and server. Ensure that
phoenix.jar is put on the classpath of HBase in every region server: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.exceptions.UnknownProtocolException:
No registered coprocessor service found for name MetaDataService in region SYSTEM.CATALOG,,1425031594649.2d387efde9428a05a015cca95477a911.
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.execService(HRegion.java:5662)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.execServiceOnRegion(HRegionServer.java:3421)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.execService(HRegionServer.java:3403)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.ClientProtos$ClientService$2.callBlockingMethod(ClientProtos.java:29929)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer.call(RpcServer.java:2031)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.CallRunner.run(CallRunner.java:108)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcExecutor.consumerLoop(RpcExecutor.java:116)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcExecutor$1.run(RpcExecutor.java:96)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) (state=INT08,code=2006)
Intel Ireland Limited (Branch)
Collinstown Industrial Park, Leixlip, County Kildare, Ireland
Registered Number: E902934