I changed the order of the connection string and I still get the authentication is required error on the master hbase server, and a timeout exception on the SQuirerrlSQL client. What jars do I need to add to the extra classpath section of SQuirrelSQL to get this to work with a secure cluster running CDH 5.1? I have tried so many variations now, that I am not sure what else to do???

Thanks again for the help!