From Jeffrey Zhong <jzh...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Secure Cluster With SquirrelSQL
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2015 03:10:32 GMT

Are you able to use sqlline.py to connect to your secure phoenix cluster? For what you said
below

".... I had a similar issue using phoenix-3.x versions and resolved it by replacing the phoenix
jar for SQuirrelSQL with the core jar...."

Have you tried to use the phoenix-server jar?

From: Justin Workman <justinjworkman@gmail.com<mailto:justinjworkman@gmail.com>>
Date: Monday, February 23, 2015 at 2:32 PM
To: "user@phoenix.apache.org<mailto:user@phoenix.apache.org>" <user@phoenix.apache.org<mailto:user@phoenix.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Secure Cluster With SquirrelSQL

They do live under they lib directory of squirrel.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 23, 2015, at 3:30 PM, anil gupta <anilgupta84@gmail.com<mailto:anilgupta84@gmail.com>>
wrote:

Justin,

Can you copy the conf files under lib folder of squirrel and then try it again.

~Anil

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 2:27 PM, Justin Workman <justinjworkman@gmail.com<mailto:justinjworkman@gmail.com>>
wrote:
I have done that. They appear at the beginning of the class path. Looking deeper at the squirrel
sql logs, it doesn't appear to actually be reading them as it reports trying to connect to
hbase using simple auth and never invokes the Kerberos steps.

I have explicitly set them in the squirrel startup script. I have also attempt I set both
HADOOP_CONF_DIR and HBASE_CONF_DIR in addition to also adding the xml configs to the lib directory
for squirrel sql.

Thanks
Justin

Sent from my iPhone