From Jeffrey Zhong <jzh...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Secure Cluster With SquirrelSQL
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2015 22:08:30 GMT

Hey Justin,

You need to make sure both hbase-site.xml and core-site.xml are in the class path of SquirrelSQL
assuming you are able to connect security hbase cluster by hbase shell and sqlline.py.

-Jeffrey

From: Justin Workman <justinjworkman@gmail.com<mailto:justinjworkman@gmail.com>>
Date: Saturday, February 21, 2015 at 11:24 AM
To: "user@phoenix.apache.org<mailto:user@phoenix.apache.org>" <user@phoenix.apache.org<mailto:user@phoenix.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Secure Cluster With SquirrelSQL

The entire stack trace from the master is included below. The client stack trace is a simple
timeout error. Nothing special on the client side. I see a successful connection to zookeeper
then the auth error on the hbase master.

2015-02-20 13:13:21,370 WARN org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RpcServer: RpcServer.listener,port=60000:
count of bytes read: 0
org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Authentication is required
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer$Connection.readAndProcess(RpcServer.java:1448)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer$Listener.doRead(RpcServer.java:790)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer$Listener$Reader.doRunLoop(RpcServer.java:581)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer$Listener$Reader.run(RpcServer.java:556)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 21, 2015, at 12:12 PM, anil gupta <anilgupta84@gmail.com<mailto:anilgupta84@gmail.com>>