phoenix-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Justin Workman <justinjwork...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Secure Cluster With SquirrelSQL
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2015 08:19:02 GMT
Yes, sqlline works just fine, passing the keytab on command line, and using
a cached ticket. And yes, I have tried with the core jar, the minimal jar,
the without-hbase jar and everything in between. I cannot get SQuirrelSQL
to connect at all. I have tried every variation I can thing of, and
SQuirrelSQL just will not connect.

Puttting SQuirrelSQL in debug mode, I do see that it successfully connects
initially to the secure cluster just fine. But then, it connects to
Zookeeper, and attempts the Hbase connection and fails because it is using
simple auth. I will send the full SQuirrelSQL logs in the morning, when I
have a chance to sanitize them.

Thanks for the help!!
Justin

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 8:10 PM, Jeffrey Zhong <jzhong@hortonworks.com>
wrote:

>
>  Are you able to use sqlline.py to connect to your secure phoenix
> cluster? For what you said below
>
>  ".... I had a similar issue using phoenix-3.x versions and resolved it
> by replacing the phoenix jar for SQuirrelSQL with the core jar...."
>
>  Have you tried to use the phoenix-server jar?
>
>   From: Justin Workman <justinjworkman@gmail.com>
> Reply-To: "user@phoenix.apache.org" <user@phoenix.apache.org>
> Date: Monday, February 23, 2015 at 2:32 PM
>
> To: "user@phoenix.apache.org" <user@phoenix.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Secure Cluster With SquirrelSQL
>
>   They do live under they lib directory of squirrel.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Feb 23, 2015, at 3:30 PM, anil gupta <anilgupta84@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>   Justin,
>
> Can you copy the conf files under lib folder of squirrel and then try it
> again.
>
>  ~Anil
>
> On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 2:27 PM, Justin Workman <justinjworkman@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>  I have done that. They appear at the beginning of the class path.
>> Looking deeper at the squirrel sql logs, it doesn't appear to actually be
>> reading them as it reports trying to connect to hbase using simple auth and
>> never invokes the Kerberos steps.
>>
>>  I have explicitly set them in the squirrel startup script. I have also
>> attempt I set both HADOOP_CONF_DIR and HBASE_CONF_DIR in addition to also
>> adding the xml configs to the lib directory for squirrel sql.
>>
>>  Thanks
>> Justin
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On Feb 23, 2015, at 3:08 PM, Jeffrey Zhong <jzhong@hortonworks.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>
>>  Hey Justin,
>>
>>  You need to make sure both hbase-site.xml and core-site.xml are in the
>> class path of SquirrelSQL assuming you are able to connect security
>> hbase cluster by hbase shell and sqlline.py.
>>
>>  -Jeffrey
>>
>>   From: Justin Workman <justinjworkman@gmail.com>
>> Reply-To: "user@phoenix.apache.org" <user@phoenix.apache.org>
>> Date: Saturday, February 21, 2015 at 11:24 AM
>> To: "user@phoenix.apache.org" <user@phoenix.apache.org>
>> Subject: Re: Secure Cluster With SquirrelSQL
>>
>>   The entire stack trace from the master is included below. The client
>> stack trace is a simple timeout error. Nothing special on the client side.
>> I see a successful connection to zookeeper then the auth error on the hbase
>> master.
>>
>>         2015-02-20 13:13:21,370 WARN org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RpcServer:
>>>>> RpcServer.listener,port=60000: count of bytes read: 0
>>>>> org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Authentication is
>>>>> required
>>>>> at
>>>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer$Connection.readAndProcess(RpcServer.java:1448)
>>>>> at
>>>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer$Listener.doRead(RpcServer.java:790)
>>>>> at
>>>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer$Listener$Reader.doRunLoop(RpcServer.java:581)
>>>>> at
>>>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer$Listener$Reader.run(RpcServer.java:556)
>>>>> at
>>>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
>>>>> at
>>>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
>>>>> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
>>>>>
>>>>
>>
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On Feb 21, 2015, at 12:12 PM, anil gupta <anilgupta84@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>   Can you share the entire stack trace? It should be pretty straight
>> forward with 4.1 because there is no maven black magic of secure vs
>> non-secure hbase build in 0.98.
>>  At present, i dont have a secure cluster. So, i cant try it.
>>
>> On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 8:24 AM, Justin Workman <justinjworkman@gmail.com
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I changed the order of the connection string and I still get the
>>> authentication is required error on the master hbase server, and a timeout
>>> exception on the SQuirerrlSQL client. What jars do I need to add to the
>>> extra classpath section of SQuirrelSQL to get this to work with a secure
>>> cluster running CDH 5.1? I have tried so many variations now, that I am not
>>> sure what else to do???
>>>
>>>  Thanks again for the help!
>>>
>>> On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 12:59 AM, anil gupta <anilgupta84@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>>   Hey Justin,
>>>>
>>>>  Order of the connection string was changes in 4.1 to:
>>>> jdbc:phoenix:<quorom>:<port>:<rootNode>:<principal>:<keytab>
>>>>  Can you try this and report back.
>>>>
>>>>  ~Anil
>>>>
>>>> On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 2:58 PM, Justin Workman <
>>>> justinjworkman@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> All,
>>>>>
>>>>>  I am having a difficult time connecting to my secure Hbase/Phoenix
>>>>>  cluster using SQuirrelSQL and Phoenix 4.1.0 and CDH 5.1 (Hbase 0.98).
>>>>> Client is a Mac. Here is what I have done
>>>>>
>>>>>  1) Add Driver and add phoenix-4.1.0-client-without-hbase.jar (I have
>>>>> also tried using the core, the minimal and the client jar)
>>>>> 2) Add alias using this new driver. Connection string jdbc:phoenix:zk
>>>>> host:zk port:hbase root:keytab:principal
>>>>>
>>>>>  When testing the connection or trying to connect, I see  the
>>>>> connection in the zk logs, then I immediately get errors in the Hbase
>>>>> master logs indicating authorization is required (see below). I had a
>>>>> similar issue using phoenix-3.x versions and resolved it by replacing
the
>>>>> phoenix jar for SQuirrelSQL with the core jar. I have also attemtped
to add
>>>>> all the Hbase and Hadoop jars for my CDH distribution to the Extra Jars
>>>>> section for the driver setup. I have also included the core-site, hdfs-site
>>>>> and hbase-site.xml files in the
>>>>> /Applications/SQuirrelSQL.app/Contents/Resources/Java/lib directory,
still
>>>>> with no luck.
>>>>>
>>>>>  Thanks in advance for any help. Here is the error I am seeing in the
>>>>> master logs.
>>>>>
>>>>>  2015-02-20 13:13:21,370 WARN org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RpcServer:
>>>>> RpcServer.listener,port=60000: count of bytes read: 0
>>>>> org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Authentication is
>>>>> required
>>>>> at
>>>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer$Connection.readAndProcess(RpcServer.java:1448)
>>>>> at
>>>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer$Listener.doRead(RpcServer.java:790)
>>>>> at
>>>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer$Listener$Reader.doRunLoop(RpcServer.java:581)
>>>>> at
>>>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer$Listener$Reader.run(RpcServer.java:556)
>>>>> at
>>>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
>>>>> at
>>>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
>>>>> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>  --
>>>> Thanks & Regards,
>>>> Anil Gupta
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Thanks & Regards,
>> Anil Gupta
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> Thanks & Regards,
> Anil Gupta
>
>

Mime
View raw message