From Justin Workman <justinjwork...@gmail.com>
Subject Secure Cluster With SquirrelSQL
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2015 22:58:24 GMT
All,

I am having a difficult time connecting to my secure Hbase/Phoenix  cluster
using SQuirrelSQL and Phoenix 4.1.0 and CDH 5.1 (Hbase 0.98). Client is a
Mac. Here is what I have done

1) Add Driver and add phoenix-4.1.0-client-without-hbase.jar (I have also
tried using the core, the minimal and the client jar)
2) Add alias using this new driver. Connection string jdbc:phoenix:zk
host:zk port:hbase root:keytab:principal

When testing the connection or trying to connect, I see  the connection in
the zk logs, then I immediately get errors in the Hbase master logs
indicating authorization is required (see below). I had a similar issue
using phoenix-3.x versions and resolved it by replacing the phoenix jar for
SQuirrelSQL with the core jar. I have also attemtped to add all the Hbase
and Hadoop jars for my CDH distribution to the Extra Jars section for the
driver setup. I have also included the core-site, hdfs-site and
hbase-site.xml files in the
/Applications/SQuirrelSQL.app/Contents/Resources/Java/lib directory, still
with no luck.

Thanks in advance for any help. Here is the error I am seeing in the master
logs.

2015-02-20 13:13:21,370 WARN org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RpcServer:
RpcServer.listener,port=60000: count of bytes read: 0
org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Authentication is
required
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer$Connection.readAndProcess(RpcServer.java:1448)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer$Listener.doRead(RpcServer.java:790)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer$Listener$Reader.doRunLoop(RpcServer.java:581)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer$Listener$Reader.run(RpcServer.java:556)
at
at
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)