From Dhaval Rami <dhavalr...@gmail.com>
Subject Salted Table meta information
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2015 21:52:48 GMT
Hi All,
          I am using Salted Tables, I am trying to understand what will
happen if one of my salt bucket splits. ( the region splits).

How will scan be performed on two newly formed regions? does phoenix
maintain a meta info for regions to salt key, or it just will send scans to
all regions belonging to that table and Salt key is prep-pended  by the
RegionObserver before running a scan on respective Region, in that case the
two newly formed regions should use same salt key ( questions is, From
where will the RegionObserver get salt key info ?)

Is there any good doc that I can refer to ?

Thanks,
Dhaval