From Vamsi Krishna <vamsi.attl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Salt buckets optimization
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2015 05:55:08 GMT
Can we have more no of salt buckets than the no of region servers?
According to Phoenix documentation, I've read "*For optimal performance,
number of salt buckets should match number of region servers*".
http://phoenix.apache.org/performance.html

In our case, we are evaluating on a small cluster with two region servers
and we are observing better performance with 10 salt buckets compared to 2
salt buckets and 20 salt buckets.

Could someone please explain what's happening behind the scenes?

Thanks,
Vamsi Attluri.