From Vamsi Krishna <vamsi.attl...@gmail.com>
Subject how to drop SYSTEM.SEQUENCE table to reduce the no. of salt buckets for this table
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2015 20:28:15 GMT
Hi,

>From phoenix archives I see that we can drop SYSTEM.SEQUENCE table and
set 'phoenix.sequence.saltBuckets'
property to '1' to see the SYSTEM.SEQUENCE table recreated with 1 salt
bucket on cluster restart.
Reference:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-phoenix-user/201412.mbox/%3CCAAF1Jdi4SViGfnQy0h45pM2YhiQiNpbpHGJ3Ov69QB6dFVwahw@mail.gmail.com%3E

But, we are not able to drop the SYSTEM.SEQUENCE table.
We are seeing the following error when we try to drop the table:
DROP TABLE SYSTEM."SEQUENCE";
Error: ERROR 1010 (42M01): Not allowed to mutate table.
tableName=SYSTEM.SEQUENCE (state=42M01,code=1010)

How to drop SYSTEM.SEQUENCE table?

Can we delete "default/SYSTEM.SEQUENCE" folder under HBase data directory
on HDFS and delete the SYSTEM.SEQUENCE meta data from SYSTEM.CATALOG,
SYSTEM.STATS tables using below belete queries?

delete from SYSTEM.CATALOG where table_name = 'SEQUENCE' and table_schem =
'SYSTEM';
delete from SYSTEM.STATS where physical_name = 'SYSTEM.SEQUENCE';

Will this create any other issues?

Thanks,
Vamsi Attluri.