From anil gupta <anilgupt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Secure Cluster With SquirrelSQL
Date Sat, 21 Feb 2015 19:12:50 GMT
Can you share the entire stack trace? It should be pretty straight forward
with 4.1 because there is no maven black magic of secure vs non-secure
hbase build in 0.98.
At present, i dont have a secure cluster. So, i cant try it.

On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 8:24 AM, Justin Workman <justinjworkman@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I changed the order of the connection string and I still get the
> authentication is required error on the master hbase server, and a timeout
> exception on the SQuirerrlSQL client. What jars do I need to add to the
> extra classpath section of SQuirrelSQL to get this to work with a secure
> cluster running CDH 5.1? I have tried so many variations now, that I am not
> sure what else to do???
>
> Thanks again for the help!
>
> On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 12:59 AM, anil gupta <anilgupta84@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hey Justin,
>>
>> Order of the connection string was changes in 4.1 to:
>> jdbc:phoenix:<quorom>:<port>:<rootNode>:<principal>:<keytab>
>> Can you try this and report back.
>>
>> ~Anil
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 2:58 PM, Justin Workman <justinjworkman@gmail.com
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> All,
>>>
>>> I am having a difficult time connecting to my secure Hbase/Phoenix
>>>  cluster using SQuirrelSQL and Phoenix 4.1.0 and CDH 5.1 (Hbase 0.98).
>>> Client is a Mac. Here is what I have done
>>>
>>> 1) Add Driver and add phoenix-4.1.0-client-without-hbase.jar (I have
>>> also tried using the core, the minimal and the client jar)
>>> 2) Add alias using this new driver. Connection string jdbc:phoenix:zk
>>> host:zk port:hbase root:keytab:principal
>>>
>>> When testing the connection or trying to connect, I see  the connection
>>> in the zk logs, then I immediately get errors in the Hbase master logs
>>> indicating authorization is required (see below). I had a similar issue
>>> using phoenix-3.x versions and resolved it by replacing the phoenix jar for
>>> SQuirrelSQL with the core jar. I have also attemtped to add all the Hbase
>>> and Hadoop jars for my CDH distribution to the Extra Jars section for the
>>> driver setup. I have also included the core-site, hdfs-site and
>>> hbase-site.xml files in the
>>> /Applications/SQuirrelSQL.app/Contents/Resources/Java/lib directory, still
>>> with no luck.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance for any help. Here is the error I am seeing in the
>>> master logs.
>>>
>>> 2015-02-20 13:13:21,370 WARN org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RpcServer:
>>> RpcServer.listener,port=60000: count of bytes read: 0
>>> org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Authentication is
>>> required
>>> at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer$Connection.readAndProcess(RpcServer.java:1448)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer$Listener.doRead(RpcServer.java:790)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer$Listener$Reader.doRunLoop(RpcServer.java:581)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer$Listener$Reader.run(RpcServer.java:556)
>>> at
>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
>>> at

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta