From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TTL
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2015 18:24:36 GMT
We should likely set the TTL automatically on indexes. We'd need to do
something special for shared indexes (local and view indexes), as the
TTL would only apply to a certain set of rows. Samarth - can you file
a JIRA?

FYI, the reason we don't allow a different TTL for different column
families is that if you deleted the cells in the first column family
of the table (the one that contains our empty key value) without
deleting the others, then you'd potentially get erroneous query
results.