From Gabriel Reid <gabriel.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Phoenix bulk loading
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2015 07:34:04 GMT
Hi Siva,

If I understand correctly, you want to explicitly supply null values
in a CSV file for some fields. In general, this should work by just
leaving the field empty in your CSV file. For example, if you have
three fields (id, first_name, last_name) in your CSV file, then a
record like "1,,Reid" should create a record with first_name left as
null.

Note that there is still an open bug, PHOENIX-1277 [1] that will
prevent inserting null values via the bulk loader or psql, so for some
datatypes there currently isn't a way to explicitly supply null
values.

- Gabriel

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-1277