From Gabriel Reid <gabriel.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Time change when bulk load csv to phoenix
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2015 11:13:10 GMT
Hi Thanaphol,

Could you elaborate on how you're debugging this issue? The reason I ask is
that the JDBC Timestamp class does some of its own formatting when you
query it as a string (it formats the string to a timestamp in the local
timezone).

The general rules are as follows:
* the bulk loader interprets date/time/timestamp strings as being in GMT
* Phoenix stores only the long value of the date/time/timestamp internally
* JDBC date/time/timestamp values are instantiated based on the long value
when you query them

In other words, Phoenix treats everything internally as being in GMT.
However, if you run a query on a timestamp column in a non-GMT locale and
display the timestamps as strings, the string will be the local timezone
representation of the GMT timestamp -- the internal long value will be the
same, but the string representation will be different than the file that
you imported.

- Gabriel