From "Job Thomas" <j...@suntecgroup.com>
Subject RE: installing Phoenix on a Cloudera 5.3.1 cluster
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2015 11:47:46 GMT
Yes, As error says, you need to put Phoenix jar in all HBase region servers class path.

Thanks & Regards

Job M Thomas| Platform & Technology
SunTec Business Solutions Pvt. Ltd
Mob : 7560885748

________________________________

From: Brady, John [mailto:john.brady@intel.com]
Sent: Fri 2/27/2015 5:13 PM
To: user@phoenix.apache.org
Subject: installing Phoenix on a Cloudera 5.3.1 cluster

Hi,

I’m installing Phoenix on a Cloudera 5.3.1 cluster.

Which jars to I copy to the directory: /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.3.1-1.cdh5.3.1.p0.5/lib/hbase

Is it just the phoenix-4.3.0-server.jar?

I did this on each server but I’m getting this error.

Incompatible jars detected between client and server. Ensure that phoenix.jar is put on the
classpath of HBase in every region server: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.exceptions.UnknownProtocolException:
No registered coprocessor service found for name MetaDataService in region SYSTEM.CATALOG,,1425031594649.2d387efde9428a05a015cca95477a911.

        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.execService(HRegion.java:5662)

        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.execServiceOnRegion(HRegionServer.java:3421)

        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.execService(HRegionServer.java:3403)

        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.ClientProtos$ClientService$2.callBlockingMethod(ClientProtos.java:29929)

        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer.call(RpcServer.java:2031)

        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.CallRunner.run(CallRunner.java:108)

        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcExecutor.consumerLoop(RpcExecutor.java:116)

        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcExecutor$1.run(RpcExecutor.java:96)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) (state=INT08,code=2006)

Thanks

Intel Ireland Limited (Branch)
Collinstown Industrial Park, Leixlip, County Kildare, Ireland
Registered Number: E902934