From Justin Workman <justinjwork...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Secure Cluster With SquirrelSQL
Date Sat, 21 Feb 2015 19:24:32 GMT
The entire stack trace from the master is included below. The client stack trace is a simple
timeout error. Nothing special on the client side. I see a successful connection to zookeeper
then the auth error on the hbase master.

count of bytes read: 0

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 21, 2015, at 12:12 PM, anil gupta <anilgupta84@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Can you share the entire stack trace? It should be pretty straight forward with 4.1 because
there is no maven black magic of secure vs non-secure hbase build in 0.98.
> At present, i dont have a secure cluster. So, i cant try it.
>
>> On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 8:24 AM, Justin Workman <justinjworkman@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> I changed the order of the connection string and I still get the authentication is
required error on the master hbase server, and a timeout exception on the SQuirerrlSQL client.
What jars do I need to add to the extra classpath section of SQuirrelSQL to get this to work
with a secure cluster running CDH 5.1? I have tried so many variations now, that I am not
sure what else to do???

>> Thanks again for the help!
>>
>>> On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 12:59 AM, anil gupta <anilgupta84@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hey Justin,
>>>
>>> Order of the connection string was changes in 4.1 to: jdbc:phoenix:<quorom>:<port>:<rootNode>:<principal>:<keytab>
>>> Can you try this and report back.
>>>
>>> ~Anil

using SQuirrelSQL and Phoenix 4.1.0 and CDH 5.1 (Hbase 0.98). Client is a Mac. Here is what
I have done

tried using the core, the minimal and the client jar)
port:hbase root:keytab:principal

the zk logs, then I immediately get errors in the Hbase master logs indicating authorization
is required (see below). I had a similar issue using phoenix-3.x versions and resolved it
by replacing the phoenix jar for SQuirrelSQL with the core jar. I have also attemtped to add
all the Hbase and Hadoop jars for my CDH distribution to the Extra Jars section for the driver
setup. I have also included the core-site, hdfs-site and hbase-site.xml files in the /Applications/SQuirrelSQL.app/Contents/Resources/Java/lib
directory, still with no luck.