From Justin Workman <justinjwork...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Secure Cluster With SquirrelSQL
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2015 22:32:15 GMT
They do live under they lib directory of squirrel.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 23, 2015, at 3:30 PM, anil gupta <anilgupta84@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Justin,
>
> Can you copy the conf files under lib folder of squirrel and then try it again.
>
> ~Anil
>
>> On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 2:27 PM, Justin Workman <justinjworkman@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> I have done that. They appear at the beginning of the class path. Looking deeper
at the squirrel sql logs, it doesn't appear to actually be reading them as it reports trying
to connect to hbase using simple auth and never invokes the Kerberos steps.

>> I have explicitly set them in the squirrel startup script. I have also attempt I
set both HADOOP_CONF_DIR and HBASE_CONF_DIR in addition to also adding the xml configs to
the lib directory for squirrel sql.

>> Thanks
>> Justin
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On Feb 23, 2015, at 3:08 PM, Jeffrey Zhong <jzhong@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> Hey Justin,
>>>
>>> You need to make sure both hbase-site.xml and core-site.xml are in the class
path of SquirrelSQL assuming you are able to connect security hbase cluster by hbase shell
and sqlline.py.

>>> -Jeffrey
>>>
>>> From: Justin Workman <justinjworkman@gmail.com>
>>> Date: Saturday, February 21, 2015 at 11:24 AM
>>> To: "user@phoenix.apache.org" <user@phoenix.apache.org>
>>> Subject: Re: Secure Cluster With SquirrelSQL
>>>
>>> The entire stack trace from the master is included below. The client stack trace
is a simple timeout error. Nothing special on the client side. I see a successful connection
to zookeeper then the auth error on the hbase master.

RpcServer.listener,port=60000: count of bytes read: 0

>>> Sent from my iPhone

with 4.1 because there is no maven black magic of secure vs non-secure hbase build in 0.98.

is required error on the master hbase server, and a timeout exception on the SQuirerrlSQL
client. What jars do I need to add to the extra classpath section of SQuirrelSQL to get this
to work with a secure cluster running CDH 5.1? I have tried so many variations now, that I
am not sure what else to do???

 cluster using SQuirrelSQL and Phoenix 4.1.0 and CDH 5.1 (Hbase 0.98). Client is a Mac. Here
is what I have done

(I have also tried using the core, the minimal and the client jar)
host:zk port:hbase root:keytab:principal

connection in the zk logs, then I immediately get errors in the Hbase master logs indicating
authorization is required (see below). I had a similar issue using phoenix-3.x versions and
resolved it by replacing the phoenix jar for SQuirrelSQL with the core jar. I have also attemtped
to add all the Hbase and Hadoop jars for my CDH distribution to the Extra Jars section for
the driver setup. I have also included the core-site, hdfs-site and hbase-site.xml files in
the /Applications/SQuirrelSQL.app/Contents/Resources/Java/lib directory, still with no luck.