From "sunfl@certusnet.com.cn" <su...@certusnet.com.cn>
Subject Re: sqllite: Upsert query times out after 10 minutes
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2015 01:26:53 GMT
Hi, Kevin,
I think that should be work cause this parameter is a client-side config. After you change
the default
to 900000, did you see that the exception info changed accordingly?

Thanks,
Sun.

CertusNet

From: Kevin Verhoeven
Date: 2015-02-05 09:10
To: user@phoenix.apache.org
Subject: sqllite: Upsert query times out after 10 minutes
I am running an upsert query against Phoenix 4.2.2 on Hbase 0.98.6-cdh5.2.0 and the query
times out after 10 minutes, with the following error: Error: ERROR 6000 (TIM01): Operation
timed out . Query couldn't be completed in the alloted time: 600000 ms (state=TIM01,code=6000)

I’ve update the bin/hbase-site.xml file with the following property:

<property>
  <name>phoenix.query.timeoutMs</name>
  <value>900000</value>
</property>

However, even with the phoenix.query.timeoutMs set at 900000, the query still fails. How can
I make sure that sqllite is using this hbase-site.xml?

The upsert query is running against 24 million rows. There are six HBase RegionServers in
the HBase cluster. How can the timeout be increased?

Thank you,

Kevin Verhoeven