From Anil Gupta <anilgupt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Secure Cluster With SquirrelSQL
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2015 18:12:41 GMT
Nice!
It would be helpful to ask squirrel team about problem with 3.6.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 24, 2015, at 9:57 AM, Justin Workman <justinjworkman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Quick update.
>
> I now have this working but had to downgrade SQuirrelSQL to 3.5.3 from 3.6 version. Still
not sure what is going on with 3.6.

>> On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 1:19 AM, Justin Workman <justinjworkman@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> Yes, sqlline works just fine, passing the keytab on command line, and using a cached
ticket. And yes, I have tried with the core jar, the minimal jar, the without-hbase jar and
everything in between. I cannot get SQuirrelSQL to connect at all. I have tried every variation
I can thing of, and SQuirrelSQL just will not connect.

>> Puttting SQuirrelSQL in debug mode, I do see that it successfully connects initially
to the secure cluster just fine. But then, it connects to Zookeeper, and attempts the Hbase
connection and fails because it is using simple auth. I will send the full SQuirrelSQL logs
in the morning, when I have a chance to sanitize them.

>> Thanks for the help!!
>> Justin
>>
>>> On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 8:10 PM, Jeffrey Zhong <jzhong@hortonworks.com>
wrote:

>>> Are you able to use sqlline.py to connect to your secure phoenix cluster? For
what you said below

>>> ".... I had a similar issue using phoenix-3.x versions and resolved it by replacing
the phoenix jar for SQuirrelSQL with the core jar...."

>>> Have you tried to use the phoenix-server jar?
>>>
>>> From: Justin Workman <justinjworkman@gmail.com>
>>> Date: Monday, February 23, 2015 at 2:32 PM
>>>
>>> To: "user@phoenix.apache.org" <user@phoenix.apache.org>
>>> Subject: Re: Secure Cluster With SquirrelSQL
>>>
>>> They do live under they lib directory of squirrel.
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

deeper at the squirrel sql logs, it doesn't appear to actually be reading them as it reports
trying to connect to hbase using simple auth and never invokes the Kerberos steps.

attempt I set both HADOOP_CONF_DIR and HBASE_CONF_DIR in addition to also adding the xml configs
to the lib directory for squirrel sql.

the class path of SquirrelSQL assuming you are able to connect security hbase cluster by hbase
shell and sqlline.py.

stack trace is a simple timeout error. Nothing special on the client side. I see a successful
connection to zookeeper then the auth error on the hbase master.

RpcServer.listener,port=60000: count of bytes read: 0
Authentication is required

forward with 4.1 because there is no maven black magic of secure vs non-secure hbase build
in 0.98.

get the authentication is required error on the master hbase server, and a timeout exception
on the SQuirerrlSQL client. What jars do I need to add to the extra classpath section of SQuirrelSQL
to get this to work with a secure cluster running CDH 5.1? I have tried so many variations
now, that I am not sure what else to do???

jdbc:phoenix:<quorom>:<port>:<rootNode>:<principal>:<keytab>

Hbase/Phoenix  cluster using SQuirrelSQL and Phoenix 4.1.0 and CDH 5.1 (Hbase 0.98). Client
is a Mac. Here is what I have done

(I have also tried using the core, the minimal and the client jar)
jdbc:phoenix:zk host:zk port:hbase root:keytab:principal

I see  the connection in the zk logs, then I immediately get errors in the Hbase master logs
indicating authorization is required (see below). I had a similar issue using phoenix-3.x
versions and resolved it by replacing the phoenix jar for SQuirrelSQL with the core jar. I
have also attemtped to add all the Hbase and Hadoop jars for my CDH distribution to the Extra
Jars section for the driver setup. I have also included the core-site, hdfs-site and hbase-site.xml
files in the /Applications/SQuirrelSQL.app/Contents/Resources/Java/lib directory, still with
no luck.

I am seeing in the master logs.