From "Ciureanu, Constantin (GfK)" <Constantin.Ciure...@gfk.com>
Subject RE: Cascading / Scalding Tap to read / write into Phoenix
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2015 08:58:03 GMT
Thank you,
Just yesterday I saw those new classes and appended them to my source base (since there's
no 4.3.0 official release yet).
I also found some nice Phoenix to Spark integration source code - that's the direction we
would like to go.  (that was also using PhoenixInputFormat)

Constantin

-----Original Message-----
From: Gabriel Reid [mailto:gabriel.reid@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 5:07 PM
To: user@phoenix.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cascading / Scalding Tap to read / write into Phoenix

I'm not aware of a Cascading Tap for reading/writing to and from Phoenix. Phoenix-specific
InputFormat and OutputFormat implementations were recently added to Phoenix, so if there's
an easy way to wrap an existing InputFormat and OutputFormat as a Tap in Cascading, then this
would probably be the easiest way to go.

- Gabriel