From Justin Workman <justinjwork...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Secure Cluster With SquirrelSQL
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2015 22:27:56 GMT
I have done that. They appear at the beginning of the class path. Looking deeper at the squirrel
sql logs, it doesn't appear to actually be reading them as it reports trying to connect to
hbase using simple auth and never invokes the Kerberos steps.

I have explicitly set them in the squirrel startup script. I have also attempt I set both
HADOOP_CONF_DIR and HBASE_CONF_DIR in addition to also adding the xml configs to the lib directory
for squirrel sql.

Thanks
Justin

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 23, 2015, at 3:08 PM, Jeffrey Zhong <jzhong@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>

> Hey Justin,
>
> You need to make sure both hbase-site.xml and core-site.xml are in the class path of
SquirrelSQL assuming you are able to connect security hbase cluster by hbase shell and sqlline.py.

> -Jeffrey
>
> From: Justin Workman <justinjworkman@gmail.com>
> Date: Saturday, February 21, 2015 at 11:24 AM
> To: "user@phoenix.apache.org" <user@phoenix.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Secure Cluster With SquirrelSQL
>
> The entire stack trace from the master is included below. The client stack trace is a
simple timeout error. Nothing special on the client side. I see a successful connection to
zookeeper then the auth error on the hbase master.

count of bytes read: 0

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Feb 21, 2015, at 12:12 PM, anil gupta <anilgupta84@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Can you share the entire stack trace? It should be pretty straight forward with 4.1
because there is no maven black magic of secure vs non-secure hbase build in 0.98.
>> At present, i dont have a secure cluster. So, i cant try it.
>>
>>> On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 8:24 AM, Justin Workman <justinjworkman@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>> I changed the order of the connection string and I still get the authentication
is required error on the master hbase server, and a timeout exception on the SQuirerrlSQL
client. What jars do I need to add to the extra classpath section of SQuirrelSQL to get this
to work with a secure cluster running CDH 5.1? I have tried so many variations now, that I
am not sure what else to do???

>>> Thanks again for the help!

using SQuirrelSQL and Phoenix 4.1.0 and CDH 5.1 (Hbase 0.98). Client is a Mac. Here is what
I have done

also tried using the core, the minimal and the client jar)
host:zk port:hbase root:keytab:principal

in the zk logs, then I immediately get errors in the Hbase master logs indicating authorization
is required (see below). I had a similar issue using phoenix-3.x versions and resolved it
by replacing the phoenix jar for SQuirrelSQL with the core jar. I have also attemtped to add
all the Hbase and Hadoop jars for my CDH distribution to the Extra Jars section for the driver
setup. I have also included the core-site, hdfs-site and hbase-site.xml files in the /Applications/SQuirrelSQL.app/Contents/Resources/Java/lib
directory, still with no luck.