From "Brady, John" <john.br...@intel.com>
Subject RE: JDBC connection zookeeper error
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2015 17:37:25 GMT
Hi Matthew,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes, I do have 3 zookeepers in the cluster – I’ll add all three.

Yes, it is on Amazon, thanks for the tip. I’ll try build it and try run it on the cluster.

I’ll post back shortly.

Cheers
John

From: Matthew Johnson [mailto:matt.johnson@algomi.com]
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2015 5:31 PM
To: user@phoenix.apache.org
Subject: RE: JDBC connection zookeeper error

Hi John,

I cross-posted this on StackOverflow:

Have you tried entering the full zookeeper quorum in your URL? Something like this (you say
you have 3 zookeepers in your cluster, obviously replace IPs below to match your zk quorum):
jdbc:phoenix:54.152.31.122,54.152.31.123,54.152.31.124

I had a problem on Amazon (is that where your cluster is?) where internal and external IPs
were getting confused and zookeeper couldn't connect to HBase properly. I solved this (not
the most scalable solution but it works!) by creating aliases in /etc/hosts on the machines
in the cluster pointing at internal IP addresses, then on my local desktop using the same
aliases but pointing to the external IPs. Then, altered my cluster setup to use aliases everywhere
instead of IP addresses. Quick way to test if this is your problem - build your app, copy
it onto one of the servers in your cluster, and see if it will run ok on there.
Hope that helps!
Cheers,
Matt