From Sumanta Gh <sumanta...@tcs.com>
Subject Re: Select dynamic column content
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 17:19:58 GMT
Thanks Nicolas for replying.
I am already managing dynamic column names either putting them in a separate column or keeping
the names in cache.
But looking at the pace Phoenix is evolving, IMHO this cf.* query pattern would be very much
helpful for users.
The stock HBase client is capable of doing that.
Because my table is extremely sparsed and I allow quite a random schema in every row of the
table, getting the content of the dynamic column in a single query will save lot of time.
Looking forward to your completion of the work...

Regards
Sumanta

-----Nicolas Maillard <nmaillard@hortonworks.com> wrote: -----
To: user@phoenix.apache.org
From: Nicolas Maillard <nmaillard@hortonworks.com>
Date: 01/06/2015 03:08PM
Subject: Re: Select dynamic column content

Hello Sumanta

This is a last bit missing in the select cf.* query pattern that would bring back not only
known columns but all dynamic ones also. I never got around to finishing that bit for different
reasons. The best way would be to finish that, other than that I do not see an easy way to
retrieve  dynamic columns of which you have lost the column name. I guess if there is a logic
ti these column names you could try to reconstruct or keep a second table of keys to dynamic
column names to find them in the after math.

regards