From Jeffrey Zhong <jzh...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Phoenix 4.2.2 compatibility with HBase 0.98.9
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2015 18:04:26 GMT

The error normally is due to phoenix-4.2.2-server.jar isn't in your hbase
region server & master class path. You can double check if that's the case.

From:  Jamie Murray <Jamie.Murray@D2L.com>
Date:  Tuesday, January 13, 2015 at 8:37 AM
To:  "user@phoenix.apache.org" <user@phoenix.apache.org>
Subject:  Phoenix 4.2.2 compatibility with HBase 0.98.9

Hello!

We have recently updated our Hbase to 0.98.9 and we are now getting this
error

Error: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.DoNotRetryIOException: java.io.IOException:
Class org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.MetaDataEndpointImpl cannot be loaded

When attempting to connect to Phoenix 4.2.2 (sqlline.py).    I am just
wondering if anyone has gotten these 2 versions to work together nicely and
we should be looking elsewhere for the origin of this error.

Thanks,

Jamie

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE