From Dhaval Rami <dhavalr...@gmail.com>
Subject Can I replicate phoenix using underlying HBase replication ?
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2015 23:49:46 GMT
Hi All,

I am planning to use phoenix in production and one of the basic requirement
is to have a DR (disaster recovery) stack for the Hadoop cluster, which
will reside in a different data center.

In Phoenix I am using salted tables with mutable global indices and GZ
compression, I was analyzing if I can use Hbase (Master-slave) replication
to replicate data stored using phoenix. So far I think it is completely
doable if I replicate main table,  all associated index tables, along with
the phoenix System.catalog , system.sequence, and system.stats table. Only
place I think this replication can make data inconsistent is if any region
split happens on a Slave cluster. Am I right in thinking that or have I
missed any aspect of it ?

If any of you has a similar case study please share it.

Thanks,

Dhaval