From Vijay Kukkala <vijay.kukk...@gmail.com>
Subject Scan performance using JDBC result impacted by limit
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2015 21:03:19 GMT
I am using plain JDBC code to execute a query against a Phoenix cluster
running 4.0.0 with Hbase 0.98.x

My query is as follows against a table with single column_family.
select cid,ts,id,pc,un,ug,ui,s,inf,sm,mst,se  from wcs_re where cid = ? and
ts >= ? and ts <= ? limit ?

<cid, ts, id> are my primary keys for the table.

On the client side, the retrieved values are Iterated and converted to a
domain object on the client side. Since the query was taking long, I
started measuring the times taken to do the conversion for each object.

The issue I see is, as I increase the limit clause value in the query from
100, 1000, 2000 and so on, my domain conversion time increases gradually
from <1 , 9, 17 ms for each record retrieved from the resultset. Ideally, I
would have thought that conversion time would be constant.

Can somebody help shed some light on this?

thanks
Vijay