From Mujtaba Chohan <mujt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Index Creation
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2015 17:22:27 GMT
Hi Siddharth,

Both scenarios of creating index before or after data load would work. If
index is created before data is inserted then overall insert time would
increase vs index created after data load then there would be one time cost
of creating index.

In case your data is immutable then using immutable index would be much
more performant. See more details at
http://phoenix.apache.org/secondary_indexing.html

//mujtaba