From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: short name for columns
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2015 17:00:26 GMT
Good idea. Phoenix doesn't do that today. I'm hoping that HBase can
come up with better block encodings that factor this kind of
information out without perf taking a hit. They actually have one
(TRIE), but I'm not sure how stable it is. Also, I'm not sure how well
the existing encodings do for this (maybe good enough?).

Please file a JIRA. Thanks,

James