From Jan Fernando <jferna...@salesforce.com>
Subject Re: PhoenixIOException : Task rejected from org.apache.phoenix.job.JobManager
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2015 17:01:45 GMT
Hi Sun,

I believe this means you have exhausted the thread pool and the queue that
buffers the tasks to service Phoenix queries. Each query will have
different characteristics in terms of the level of parallelism that Phoenix
will use to service that query. For example some queries require few (or 1)
tasks, such as a query with LIMIT 10,  other queries that hit many regions
and guideposts require a higher number of tasks. As you use up the queue
and get near the max some queries may run if they are enough slots left in
the queue to service it. So queries requiring a low number of slots like a
LIMIT 10 query might run but others won't.

Hope this helps.

--Jan