From "Bulvik, Noam" <Noam.Bul...@teoco.com>
Subject RE: short name for columns
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2015 07:07:55 GMT
I opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-1598
This feature can be used with prefix encoding there is contradiction between these two features

-----Original Message-----
From: James Taylor [mailto:jamestaylor@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2015 7:00 PM
To: user
Subject: Re: short name for columns

Good idea. Phoenix doesn't do that today. I'm hoping that HBase can come up with better block
encodings that factor this kind of information out without perf taking a hit. They actually
have one (TRIE), but I'm not sure how stable it is. Also, I'm not sure how well the existing
encodings do for this (maybe good enough?).

Please file a JIRA. Thanks,

James

confidentiality terms that can be reviewed here<http://www.teoco.com/email-disclaimer>.