From "Bulvik, Noam" <Noam.Bul...@teoco.com>
Subject high CPU when using bulk loading
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 12:55:38 GMT

Hi,

We  are tuning our system for bulk loading. We managed to load ~250M records per hour (~96G
of raw input csv data ) on a cluster with 8 nodes. We use MR bulk loading tool with pre split
table and salted key.

What we currently see is that while Mappers are working we have 100% CPU usage across the
cluster. It was our impression that the mapper will be I/O bound and not so much CPU intensive

Any idea what else can we tune /check.

Regards

Noam

Information in this e-mail and its attachments is confidential and privileged under the TEOCO
confidentiality terms that can be reviewed here<http://www.teoco.com/email-disclaimer>.