From "sunfl@certusnet.com.cn" <su...@certusnet.com.cn>
Subject Re: Integer record change when I create table from Phoenix to hbase
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2015 08:52:37 GMT
Hi,
For your use case, I think one of the possible solution could be declaring your column as
varchar.
Newbie with sqoop and not sure whether sqoop uses hbase native api (put, etc.) to load data
into
hbase. If so, I think that would not get the right integer value through phoenix query.

Thanks,
Sun.

CertusNet

From: thanaphol
Date: 2015-01-29 15:47
To: user@phoenix.apache.org
Subject: Integer record change when I create table from Phoenix to hbase
Hi guys,
 I have problem about integer record from hbase table. I create table from phoenix to hbase
cluster with UNSIGNED_TINYINT for integer column and I use sqoop to import records from RDBMS
to hbase but when I view record from phoenix I see different number between phoenix and hbase.
Example:
I import "1" Integer from RDBMS to HBASE.
I scan record in HBASE. I still see "1".
I select * from phoenix table. I see "49".

 RDBMS        HBASE       PHOENIX
      1      =>       1      =>       49

It like hbase collect record as string. When I set datatype = Integer in phoenix table ,Phoenix
will convert String to Integer.

What are your suggest me to do for this problem?

Thank you