From "sunfl@certusnet.com.cn" <su...@certusnet.com.cn>
Subject Re: Problem installing/running 4.2.2 (CentOS 7, Java 1.8, HBase 0.98.9)
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2015 01:18:46 GMT
Hi,
Are you deploying hbase in pseudo-distributed mode? Does localhost be your zookeeper host
quorum actually?
You can list a copy of your hbase-site.xml in $HBASE_HOME/conf/hbase-site.xml.
BTW, the third step actually means that you can put phoenix-[version]-client.jar to your client
application classpath, e.g. your java project
aiming to connect to your phoenix cluster. You do not need to copy the whole jars to hbase
regionserver lib path.

Thanks,
Sun.

CertusNet

From: Minnow Noir
Date: 2015-01-12 06:43
To: user
Subject: Problem installing/running 4.2.2 (CentOS 7, Java 1.8, HBase 0.98.9)
I'm attempting  to try out Phoenix but am unable to run it.  I have no familiarity with the
product;  I'm simply following the quick start instructions and unable to run the product.

I followed the instructions on the installation page (http://phoenix.apache.org/download.html#Installation):
Download and expand the latest phoenix-[version]-bin.tar. Use either hadoop1 and hadoop2 artifacts
which match your HBase installation.
Done.
Add the phoenix-[version]-server.jar to the classpath of every HBase region server and remove
any previous version. An easy way to do this is to copy it into the HBase lib directory (use
phoenix-core-[version].jar for Phoenix 3.x)
Restart all region servers.
I added the server jar file to the HBase lib folder.  I also started the HBase server, did
the HBase "getting started" tutorial, hit the HBase web app, and everything checked out.

Add the phoenix-[version]-client.jar to the classpath of any Phoenix client.
I added the Phoenix directory (which has all the jars) to the server's classpath.

I then ran sqlline, which went away for almost 10 minutes, and then came back, saying that
it couldn't connect:

[user@localhost bin]$ ./sqlline.py localhost
Setting property: [isolation, TRANSACTION_READ_COMMITTED]
issuing: !connect jdbc:phoenix:localhost none none org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixDriver
Connecting to jdbc:phoenix:localhost
15/01/11 14:08:12 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop library for your
platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
15/01/11 14:17:23 WARN client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation: Encountered problems
when prefetch hbase:meta table:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Failed after attempts=35, exceptions:
Sun Jan 11 14:08:13 PST 2015, org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCaller@4d620042, java.net.ConnectException:
Connection refused
Sun Jan 11 14:08:13 PST 2015, org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCaller@4d620042, org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcClient$FailedServerException:
This server is in the failed servers list: localhost/127.0.0.1:39821
Sun Jan 11 14:08:13 PST 2015, org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCaller@4d620042, org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcClient$FailedServerException:
This server is in the failed servers list: localhost/127.0.0.1:39821

I tried this multiple times, but it never connected. There aren't enough details in the installation
instructions or quick start page to know what to check.

Any idea what the problem is or how to fix it?

Thanks!