From "sunfl@certusnet.com.cn" <su...@certusnet.com.cn>
Subject Re: Re: Phoenix in production
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 08:15:38 GMT
Hi,

Glad to share our experience of using Phoenix in Production. I believe that Siddharth had
done
sufficient tests and practices about Phoenix performance. Here are some tips about how we
are using
Phoenix for our projects:
1. We facilitate Phoenix to give convinience for both RD and QA engineers, as they are glad
to use
standard sql to operate hbase with no much loss of query performance.
2. In Production environment, we mainly integrate Apache Spark with Phoenix to optimize data
Phoenix tables with or withour secondary indexes. Glad that current performance of writing
had worked
smoothly with both compared to previously used MySQL InfoBright and other sql schema. We both
had tested
a lot for secondary indexes and query optimization for Phoenix before moving Phoenix to Production

environment. Now we can get most of the features worked for Phoenix in our job.
3. Challenges had a lot too, such as bulkload performance with wal enabled, query optimization,
statistical data collection with Phoenix
full table scan, and so on. However, we believe Phoenix be a sufficient schema for sql query
over HBase and we are glad
that even more our projects are considering using Phoenix.

Thanks,
Sun.

CertusNet