From Gabriel Reid <gabriel.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Phoenix loading via psql.py - specifying tab separator
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2014 10:04:31 GMT
I just discovered how to get this working properly (I had wrongly
assumed that simply supplying '\t' was sufficient).

In order to supply a tab character as the delimiter, you need to
supply a tab literal for the -d parameter. This is done (at least on
Linux and Mac OS X) by typing Ctrl-v and then hitting the tab
character when you're between the single quotes. So in other words,
while typing out the command line, the sequence of keystrokes you need
to type after the -d flag is:
1. single quote key
2. Ctrl and v keys together
3. Tab key
4. single quote key

This is a general terminal thing, and not specific to Phoenix or Java or Python.

I don't know if this will work on Windows (and I expect that it
won't), and unfortunately I can't say what the correct way is to get
something like this working in Windows.

- Gabriel