From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Replication?
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2014 00:51:05 GMT
You also need to replicate the Phoenix system tables. It's still necessary
to run DDL operations on both clusters to keep Phoenix schema and HBase
tables in sync. Use IF EXISTS or IF NOT EXISTS to avoid DDL statement
failures. Phoenix should do the right thing. If not, it's a bug.

The sequence table is interesting. The Phoenix client caches a range of
sequence values to use when inserting data that include generated sequence
values. You'll want to always grab a new cached range of sequence values
when failing over from one site to another and back to avoid potential
duplication. It's possible upon site failure that the latest updates to the
sequence table did not replicate. Or,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-1422 would side step this
issue if implemented.

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 10:22 PM, Jeffrey Zhong <jzhong@hortonworks.com>
wrote:

> You need to enable replication on both data & index table in Hbase level
> using Phoenix 4.2(previous 4.2 Phoenix version may have issues on local
> index). There is a test case MutableIndexReplicationIT where you can see
> some details. Ideally Phoenix should provide a customer replication sink so
> that a user doesn't have to setup replication on index table.
>
> From: Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-marc@spaggiari.org>
> Date: Monday, December 8, 2014 at 9:29 AM
> To: user <user@phoenix.apache.org>
> Subject: Replication?
>
> Hi,
>
> How do we replicate data between 2 cluster when Phoenix is in the picture?
>
> Can we simply replicate the table we want from A to B and on cluster B
> Phoenix will do the required re-indexing? Or should we also replicate the
> Phoenix tables too?
>
> Thanks,
>
> JM
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE