From rajeshbabu chintaguntla <rajeshbabu.chintagun...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Indexes
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2014 04:59:00 GMT
Hi Siddharth,
Index table also should be updated automatically in your case.
But there is a case if any updates failed to index table then we are disabling the index and
later automatically rebuild after 5 mins.
FYI PHOENIX-1112(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-1112)

Can you please check any logs like below at regionserver side?

"Successfully disabled index yourIndexTableName due to an exception while writing updates."

Thanks,
Rajeshbabu.

________________________________
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender
by
________________________________
From: Siddharth Ubale [siddharth.ubale@syncoms.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2014 6:23 PM
To: user@phoenix.apache.org
Subject: Indexes

Hi All,

I am using local indexes for a table in phoenix.
After creating the index on a table containing 1 million records if I update the table for
another 30 thousand records I am unable to see the index being updated even though I use the
‘UPDATE STATISTICS’ command . However when I rebuild the index the latest updates are
reflected in the index.
So, am I always supposed to rebuild the index whenever there is a update in my phoenix table
? ideally it should be updated automatically…
Can somebody let me know how I could get the above working or every update in hbase table
should be followed by ‘rebuild index’ in case I  plan to use indexes.
Thanks,
Siddharth Ubale,
Synchronized Communications
#43, Velankani Tech Park, Block No. II,
3rd Floor, Electronic City Phase I,
Bangalore – 560 100
Tel : +91 80 3202 4060
Web: www.syncoms.com<http://www.syncoms.com/>
[LogoNEWmohLARGE]
London|Bangalore|Orlando

we innovate, plan, execute, and transform the business​