From Siddharth Ubale <siddharth.ub...@syncoms.com>
Subject RE: are you using Phoenix 3.x?
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2014 13:19:24 GMT
Option "a.)" is good for me

Thanks,
Sidharth

-----Original Message-----
From: James Taylor [mailto:jamestaylor@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2014 9:19 AM
To: dev@phoenix.apache.org; user
Subject: are you using Phoenix 3.x?

Hello Phoenix users,
We'd like to get an idea of how many users are still relying on the Phoenix 3.x releases that
work with HBase 0.94. We've been diligently maintaining feature parity (as much as possible)
between the 3.x releases and 4.x releases, but the cost of continuing to do so is becoming
an ever increasing overhead. As such, we're considering winding down the 3.x releases, but
wanted to get your feedback first.

If you had to choose one of the following, please let us know which one:
a) I don't use the 3.x releases. Please focus on fixes and enhancements to the 4.x releases
instead.
b) I use a 3.x release, but I don't plan on upgrading so it's no problem if releases start
winding down.
c) I use the 3.x release and need at least crucial bug fixes backported from 4.x, but features
parity is not important.
d) I use 3.x release and need feature parity with the 4.x release.
e) Quit sending me so much email :-)

Thanks,
James (on behalf of the Apache Phoenix PMC)