From Puneet Kumar Ojha <puneet.ku...@pubmatic.com>
Subject RE: No Lock hint in phoenix
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2014 16:03:14 GMT
Hi Siddharth,

Can you send all the queries which may run on the tables.

Also if you can send the schema of the tables created on Phoenix, I may help you out.

Thanks
Puneet.

From: Siddharth Ubale [mailto:siddharth.ubale@syncoms.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2014 7:28 PM
To: user@phoenix.apache.org
Subject: No Lock hint in phoenix

Hi ,

We are running queries in Phoenix and getting a very high latency. Since we are using Phoenix
more on reporting tables and not on transactional tables, we were wondering whether it is
possible to run a query using the “ with (NO LOCK) “ hint  so that we can increase the
response times for queries.

A sample SQL query like this is what we aim to run using Phoenix :

SELECT
    first_name,
    last_name,
FROM dbo.person p WITH (NOLOCK)