From "sunfl@certusnet.com.cn" <su...@certusnet.com.cn>
Subject Re: Re: Phoenix-136 did not support aggregate queries with derived tables in from clause
Date Sat, 06 Dec 2014 01:42:58 GMT
Hi´╝îMaryann
We are trying the 4.2 release version. I will retry with 4.1 version and let you know if there
are still such eroors.

Thanks,
Sun.

CertusNet

From: Maryann
Date: 2014-12-05 23:28
To: user@phoenix.apache.org
CC: dev
Subject: Re: Phoenix-136 did not support aggregate queries with derived tables in from clause
Hi Sun,

Which version of Phoenix are you using? This feature is supported from 3.1 and 4.1. And there
is no such error message in Phoenix code base now.

Thanks,
Maryann

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 3:16 AM, sunfl@certusnet.com.cn <sunfl@certusnet.com.cn> wrote:
Hi,all
Notice that PHOENIX-136 has already supported derived tables in from clause, however,
aggregate queries would throw error like the following:
   Error: Complex nested queries not supported. (state=,code=0)

The example queries are like : SELECT COUNT (1) FROM (SELECT COUNT (1) FROM table WHERE 1=1
GROUP BY COL1)
while we are expecting to get the final results of distinct groups counts.

Is there any mistake that I am missing or taking the correct grammer? If so, please corrects
me kindly.
Any available advice will be greately appreciated.

Thanks,
Sun.

Maryann