Hello, I have Hive running on top of HBase through org.apache.hadoop.hive.hbase.HBaseStorageHandler.

String columns on Hive are mapped to string columns on HBase mapped to varchar columns on Phoenix
Numericals (INTs, BIGINTs) mapped to binary columns on Hbase mapped to (INTEGER, BIGINT) on phoenix.

When I try to query through phoenix an already existing table on Hbase that its data was inserted via Hive. Strings are read properly, however, any numerical value is not. I am not sure what is the problem. It's not overflow because types are configured properly. I suspect it may be a problem with endianness but can't find any concrete lead. Values on Hbase are stored as big endian.

Any insights will be highly appreciated. thanks.

--
Best Regards,
Moustafa Aboul Atta