From Komal Thombare <komal.thomb...@tcs.com>
Subject Understand explain plan
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2014 06:21:22 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to get the explain plan for below query.

explain select i.itemname,i.price,sum(o.quantity) from items as i join orders as o on i.itemid=o.itemid
group by i.itemname,i.price;

I get output as below

+------------+
|    PLAN    |
+------------+
| CLIENT PARALLEL 1-WAY FULL SCAN OVER ITEMS |
|     SERVER AGGREGATE INTO DISTINCT ROWS BY [I.ITEMNAME, I.PRICE] |
| CLIENT MERGE SORT |
|     PARALLEL INNER-JOIN TABLE 0 |
|         CLIENT PARALLEL 1-WAY FULL SCAN OVER ORDER1 |
|     DYNAMIC SERVER FILTER BY ITEMID BETWEEN MIN/MAX OF (O.:ITEMID) |

Please anyone help me understand this explain plan, What is this CLIENT and SERVER, I am not
able to figure out.

Thanks and Regards,
Komal Ravindra Thombare

and any attachments. Thank you