From Dominik Wagenknecht <domi...@wagenknecht.cc>
Subject Re: Phoenix Input Format for Map Reduce
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2014 08:22:35 GMT
Yes Thanks! Up until now we just used the standard Input formats and used the type converters
inside Phoenix core :-)

Sent from mobile device

is at https://github.com/apache/phoenix/pull/23 . A preview of the API is available at https://gist.github.com/mravi/501fa00b942764eb0dca.
>>    I have also created a new JIRA ticket https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-1454
for this.

>>    Regarding using the PhoenixInputFormat of the phoenix-pig module, you will need
to manually set few configuration parameters like the table name, columns etc. Apparently,
the integration of MR with the PhoenixInputFormat of pig-module isn't a smooth one without
lot of customizations.

>> Regards
>> Ravi
>>
>>> On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 11:18 PM, Gagan Agrawal <agrawalgagan@gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>> I was looking for Phoenix Input Format to read from phoenix powered hbase in
my Map Reduce jobs. Came across following project which provides pig implementation of Phonenix
Input Format.

>>> https://github.com/apache/phoenix/tree/master/phoenix-pig/src/main/java/org/apache/phoenix/pig/hadoop
>>>
>>> I wanted to understand if there is anything specific to pig in this? Or can we
use it in Map Reduce also? Will I need to do any customization to get it work with MR? Is
this stable and has been used in production? Can I use it with latest phoenix version or only
specific version is supported.