From Jeffrey Zhong <jzh...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: phoenix client and server versions
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2014 18:27:16 GMT
To my knowledge,  Phoenix doesn't support different client versions hitting
one Phoenix server version. In other words, rolling upgrade isn't supported
yet for 4.0, 4.1 & 4.2.x

From:  Abe Weinograd <abe@flonet.com>
Date:  Tuesday, November 25, 2014 at 6:11 AM
To:  user <user@phoenix.apache.org>
Subject:  phoenix client and server versions

As we get a distributed client base, I am wondering if there is room for
different phoenix client and server versions to work together.  This has
accidentally worked in the past.  Is there an official message here?  For
example, we plan on switching to the latest 4.2.X next week, but have folks
who will have the 4.1 or 4.0 client versions.  Will they work?

Thanks,
Abe

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE